The CenterSquare New Economy Real Estate UCITS Index (CSNEREU) is a weighted index that consists of global stocks of real estate companies that have material direct and/or indirect exposure to technology, sciences and/or ecommerce related business models and meet specific screening requirements that consider Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors as well as growth, valuation and leverage criteria.
• The universe begins with globally listed common equity securities that consist of Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and companies identified as being significantly real estate-related with market capitalization of at least $500 million.
• The screening process is performed in multiple tiers. Securities are eliminated from portfolio consideration at each tier if they do not meet the threshold criteria for that tier. The first screen eliminates all companies not meeting ESG screening criteria. The second tier eliminates all companies that hold a low CenterSquare Technology Score. The third tier eliminates highly levered companies with Debt to Total Market Cap above 70%.
• The output of the tiered screening process creates the investable universe of securities. The investable universe is then analyzed and optimized to create an index of securities that are technology-focused and have attractive growth and valuation characteristics relative to the investable universe. The growth metric focuses on the ability of the company to grow their cash flow available for distribution to shareholders. The value metric focuses on the amount of cash flow available to distribute to shareholders.
• The index is weighted based on a predetermined formula and capping methodology and is rebalanced semi-annually on the third Wednesday of March and September.
• The index was established with a base value of 100 on September 15, 2021.
For details regarding the index methodology, the CenterSquare Technology score and the securities weighting, please refer to the CSNEREU Information Resources at right.
The CenterSquare New Economy Real Estate UCITS Index is powered by Refinitiv information and calculated by Refinitiv.
The CenterSquare New Economy Real Estate UCITS Index is the exclusive property of CenterSquare. CenterSquare and the CenterSquare New Economy Real Estate UCITS Index are trademarks of CenterSquare. None of the CenterSquare Parties makes any representation or warranty, express or implied, to the issuer or owners of shares of any fund, person or entity, regarding the advisability of investing in funds generally, or in a fund particularly, or the ability of the Index to track its corresponding market performance. None of the CenterSquare Parties has any obligation to take the needs of the issuer or owners of shares of any fund, person or entity into consideration in determining, composing or calculating the Index. None of the CenterSquare Parties is responsible for, or has participated in, the determination of the timing of, prices at, or quantities of a fund to be issued or in the determination or calculation of the equation by, or the consideration into which, a fund is redeemable. Further, none of the CenterSquare Parties has any obligation or liability to the issuer or owners of shares of any fund, person or entity in connection with the administration, marketing or offering of a fund, whether as a result of statements included in a fund’s public offering documents or otherwise.
None of the CenterSquare Parties guarantees the accuracy and/or the completeness of the Index or any data included therein, and none of the CenterSquare Parties shall have any liability for any errors, omissions or interruptions therein. None of the CenterSquare Parties makes any warranty, express or implied, as to results to be obtained by a fund, owners of the shares of a fund or any other person or entity from the use of the Index, trading based on the Index, or any data included therein, either in connection with a fund or for any other use. None of the CenterSquare Parties makes any express or implied warranties, and each expressly disclaims all warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or use, with respect to the Index or any data included therein. Without limiting any of the foregoing, in no event shall any of the CenterSquare Parties have any liability for any special, punitive, direct, indirect or consequential damages (including lost profits) arising out of matters relating to the use of the Index, even if notified of the possibility of such damages.
It is not possible to invest directly in an index.